So in the first week in April saw Bargus on dock at the Ashton Packet Boat Company's side slip at Ashton under Lyme. I moved all ballast forward to get her as level as poss so as the trolles would fit under... this worked out fine apart from a lack of reverse cause the prop was so far out of the water!
Jobs for dock were a full inspection of all hull steelwork (that I could get to) all external and internal in the back cabin, the engine room and the hold forward of the cabin. All steel work was supprisingly good apart from no chine angles on the rear half of the boat and some seriously thin steel on the starboard bow.
Other jobs tobe done on dock was the ginding back to bare metal then red oxiding the oringinal engine room, the hold forward of the cabin and the current engine room... jobs that should I make a hole it wont matter as I could fix on dock!
Other jobs that got done was "nice to do jobs" and "feel good job" these consisted of full blacking of the hull, paint the bow top bends in green, stripping and painting cream and red the counter bands, making a new metal steering step with a mahogony top as the old wooden step gave up the ghost as I came down the Maple flight!
I spent alot of time under the counter scraping cleaning then getting high on the fumes of paint! ...still need to get in and paint it a bright colour so it can become my fridge!